Ciencia detrás del telón, el Journal Club de la SoBLA/
Science behind the scenes, SoBLA Journal Club
Email email@example.com to register.
Future Journal Clubs:
On Friday December 1st 2023, Dr. Tamara Rosenbaum (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México) will present at the SoBLA Journal Club her group's 2016 Nature Communication paper "Inhibition of TRPV1 channels by a naturally occurring omega-9 fatty acid reduces pain and itch".
Past Journal Clubs:
On Friday November 3rd 2023, Dr. Oscar A. Cerda (Universidad de Chile) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club his group's 2020 FASEB Journal paper "KCTD5, a novel TRPM4-regulatory protein required for focal adhesion turnover and cell migration as a new predictor for breast cancer prognosis".
On Friday September 29th 2023, Dr. Carlos A. Z. Bassetto, Jr. and Dr. Bernardo I. Pinto, (The University of Chicago) will present at the SoBLA Journal Club their 2023 Biophysical Journal paper "Ion channel thermodynamics studied with temperature jumps measured at the cell membrane".
On Friday August 25th 2023, Dr. Mauricio Lillo (Rutgers University) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club his 2023 Journal of General Physiology paper "Remodeling connexin43 hemichannels alter cardiac excitability & promote arrhythmias".
On Friday July 28th 2023, Dr. Pablo Artigas (University of Texas Lubbock) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club "How to build a Na+/K+ ATPase: determinants for its selectivity and ionic stoichiometry", a follow up on his Nature Communications article "Structure and function of H+/K+ pump mutants reveal Na+/K+ pump mechanics" .
On Friday June 30th 2023, Dr. Cecilia Bouzat (Centro Científico-Tecnológico Bahía Blanca) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club.
On Friday May 26th 2023, Dr. René Barro-Soria (The University of Miami) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish) his eLife paper "Distinctive mechanisms of epilepsy-causing mutants discovered by measuring S4 movement in KCNQ2 channels".
On Friday April 28th 2023, Dr. Viviana Monje-Galvan (University at Buffalo) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish) her 2017 Molecular Simulation paper "Two sterols, two bilayers: insights on membrane structure from molecular dynamics”.
On Friday March 31st 2023, Dr. León D. Islas (UNAM, Mexico City) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish) his 2023 eLife paper "Activation-pathway transitions in human voltage-gated proton channels revealed by a non-canonical fluorescent amino acid”.
On Friday January 27th 2023, Dr. Ana Isabel Fernández-Mariño (NIH-NINDS) presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish) her 2022 Nature Communications paper "”Structures of the T cell potassium channel Kv1.3 with immunoglobulin modulators”.
On Friday December 2nd, Dr. Madeline Nieves-Cintrón presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish) her 2017 Scientific Reports paper "Impaired BKCa channel function in native vascular smooth muscle from humans with type 2 diabetes”.
On Friday September 30th, Dr. Teresa Giraldez presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish) her 2021 PNAS paper "NMDA receptor-BK channel coupling regulates synaptic plasticity in the barrel cortex”.
On Friday August 26th, Dr. John Smith Del Rosario presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish). He talked about his 2020 EMBO paper "Gi-coupled receptor activation potentiates Piezo2 currents via Gβγ”.
On Friday July 29th, Dr. Marco A. Alfonzo Méndez presented at the SoBLA Journal Club (in Spanish). He talked about his 2022 Nature Communications paper "Dual clathrin and integrin signaling systems regulate growth factor receptor activation”
- On Friday July 1st, Dr. Roberto Araya talked about his Journal of Physiology paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Selective activation of BK channels in small-headed dendritic spines suppresses excitatory postsynaptic potentials".
- On Friday May 27th, Dr. Angela Ballesteros talked about her eLife paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Structural relationship between the putative hair cell mechanotransduction channel TMC1 and TMEM16 proteins".
- On Friday April 29th, Dr. Carlos Villalba talked about his Journal of General Physiology paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Retigabine holds KV7 channels open and stabilizes the resting potential".
- On Friday March 25th, Dr. Carlo Manno talked about his Plos One paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Quantification of the calcium signaling deficit in muscles devoid of triadin". See video below.
- On Friday January 28th, Dr. Marcos Sotomayor talked about his Nature paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Structure of a force-conveying cadherin bond essential for innerear mechanotransduction". See video below.
- On Friday December 3rd, Dr. Juan Pablo Castillo talked about his Nature Communications paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "A DNA packaging motor inchworms along one strand allowing it to adapt to alternative double-helical structures". See video below.
- On Friday September 24th, Dr. Susy Kohout talked about her JGP paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Dimerization of the voltage-sensing phosphatase controls its voltage-sensing and catalytic activity". See video below.
- On Friday August 27th, Dr. Vivian Gonzalez-Perez talked about her latest PNAS paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Goblet cell LRRC26 regulates BK channel activation and protects against colitis in mice". See video below.
- On Friday July 20th, PiereRodriguez-Aliaga talked about his 2016 Nature Structural & Molecular Biology paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Substrate-translocating loops regulate mechanochemical coupling and power production in AAA+ protease ClpXP". See video below.
- On June 25th, Dr. Eduardo Perozo talked about his 2002 Nature structural biology paper at the SoBLA Journal Club "Physical principles underlying the transduction of bilayer deformation forces during mechanosensitive channel gating". See video below.